Monday, October 8, 2012

Bite-Sized Bible Studies: For Christians, All Things Work Together For Good

Romans 8:28 is one of the greatest verses in the Bible.

“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.”

All things work together for good! I’ve committed my life to Jesus, so I know with all assurance that everything that happens to me in this life is in His hands. He knows, He is present and He is working out His perfect plan in my life. As I have turned my will over to His, I pray that He is glorified in my life, whether in good times or bad.

In Acts 16 it is recorded that Paul and Silas get thrown into jail for preaching Jesus. Verse 25 says, “But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them.” Paul and Silas weren’t complaining or despairing, they were trusting God to do something incredible through these circumstances- and He did! The Philippian jailer got saved, “he rejoiced, having believed in God with all his household (Acts 16:30-34).” Amazing! As I submit to God’s plan in my life, He works all things out for His glory, and for good!

“Nothing will ever separate us from God’s everlasting and endless love and mercy in Jesus Christ (from Rom. 8:39).”



No comments:

Post a Comment